We are Here to Listen
We have helped hundreds of birth mothers and birth fathers explore their options so that they can make the best decision for themselves and their child. Some of the supports we provide birth parents include:
- Provide a clear explanation of the process and straightforward answers to every question
- Help birth mothers get connected to necessary medical care
- Assess which government assistance programs birth parents may qualify for and assist with the application process
- Provide birth parents with living expenses for groceries, maternity clothes or rent if financial assistance is needed
- Cover all the legal expenses if birth parents choose to speak with an adoption attorney
- Create a strategy for how to tell family and friends about an unplanned pregnancy and about possible adoption plans
After your child has been placed with an adoptive family, ACI will continue to support you. Your counselor will be available for emotional support and help connect you to community resources including outside counseling if it is needed.
ACI is committed to helping each family honor their post-placement communication agreement (it can range from face-to-face meetings, phone or internet contact, letters, pictures – or to no contact at all). Over the years, your relationship with the adoptive family and child may change, and we are here to support you through each stage of life.
Or you can fill out the form below, and one of our counselors will reach out to you.